What is dental filling and what are the consequences of not getting it on time?
Pain in teeth or even sensitivity among teeth is something that becomes hard to endure. If anyone comes across sensitivity or severe pain in their teeth, consultation with a dentist in Ludhiana becomes a necessity. There are many teeth related problems. Many commonly occurring problems are that of disfigured structures. A dental Clinic in Ludhiana guides the patient in the best way. They also guide them about what kind of filling should they proceed with:
- What is the connotation of dental filling?
Dental fillings are used when the teeth are disfigured. These usually take place when cavity or decay makes the hollow in the teeth. These hollows are filled with dental fillings which are of different kinds. Not only in the case of hollows caused by the cavity and the decay but dental fillings are also used in the following causes:
- Broken Tooth
- Cracked Tooth
- Chipped Tooth
Wearing off of teeth due to:
- Teeth Grinding
- Nail Biting
- When does the need for dental filling arise?
Subsequent are the conditions or situation in which you may need to get the dental filling done:
- If you have come across a hole or dark spots on your teeth, it is an indication that consultation with the dentist is the need of the hour.
- Broken, chipped or cracked teeth are highly in the need of getting filled.
- In all the cases of sensitivity, the filling has remained an unbeatable solution.
- Do not avoid even a single cavity because it will lead to the multiplication of the cavities. So get it treated as soon as it catches your attention.
- Repercussions of not getting a dental filling done
Repercussions of not getting the dental filling on time will prove very problematic. It is because if the decay is not treated at the earliest then enamel which is known to be the protective layer of the teeth will be worn off. The wearing off of this layer will exhibit the dentin. If this dentin comes in contact with the bacteria present in the mouth, then it will slowly damage the nerve of the teeth.
Ultimately you will need to get the tooth treated with Root canal treatment. In a nutshell, by hook or by crook you will have to go to the dentist to get the tooth treated.
- Variegated types of dental fillings
There are variegated types of dental fillings based on their span and strength. Following is the list of the same:
- Metal Filling
- Amalgam Filling
- Composite Filling
- Porcelain / Ceramic Filling
Avoid consumption of hard and sticky food. Neglect consumption of extremely hot and cold food or beverages.