Dental Crowns in Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Dental Crowns in Ludhiana: A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap which the dentist places over a tooth to cover it, restore the shape, size, strength, and improve its appearance. The crown when cemented into the place will take the entire visible portion of the tooth which lies above the gum line.
What is the need for a dental crown?
The dentist can recommend the dental crown in the following situations:
- After Root canal treatment
- To protect the weak tooth from breaking or holding together the cracked tooth parts.
- To hold the dental bridge in its place.
- To cover the severely discolored teeth or misshapen teeth.
- It helps in covering the dental implant.
- It helps in covering cosmetic modification.
- Restoring the severely worn down tooth or already broken tooth.
- To support and cover a tooth with a large filling when there is not a lot of teeth left.
For children, the crown may be used on primary teeth for the following reasons:
- Protect the child’s teeth which are at high risk of tooth decay. This is extremely important when the child is not able to follow a proper oral care regime.
- Save the tooth which is damaged by decay so that it can help to support the filling.
If the dentist has such cases, then it is most likely that the option of a stainless steel crown is recommended.
What are the different types of crowns?
Stainless steel crowns are prefabricated crowns that are used on permanent teeth for a temporary measure. The crown helps in protecting the tooth or filling while a permanent crown is made from another material. The stainless steel crown is used to fit over the primary tooth which has been prepared to fit. It helps in covering the entire tooth and it prevents further decay. This option is considered the best for children’s teeth because there are not many dental visits required and the cost is also affordable.
Porcelain-fused-to-metal dental crowns
These can be color matches. The crown’s porcelain portion can chip or break off. These crowns are considered as the best choice for back teeth or front as long as the bridges where the metal is needed for strength. Book your consultation for better understanding about the treatment.
- Laser PFM’s
- All ceramic crowns
Getting in Touch is easy
Fill out our enquiry form, we will get back you shortly.