What are Dental Veneers?
Dental Veneers in Ludhiana Punjab, India: Dental Veneers are also known as dental porcelain laminates or porcelain veneers. The veneers are thin-like wafer, custom-made shells to match the tooth material and cover the teeth front surface to improve the appearance.
What are the types of Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are made from resin composite or porcelain material. Porcelain veneers can resist stains as compared to resin veneers. These also look like your natural teeth. Your dentist is the right person to tell you which option of veneers will suit you the best.
- Porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers are strong with a thin cap placed on the top and sides of the teeth. The dentist takes out some enamel that allows it to attach to them. Their appearance is the same as that of natural teeth. It lasts for around 20 years.
- Direct composite veneers
Direct composite veneers are made from resin-made material. These are the same as porcelain veneers but these tend to be less expensive. During this procedure, less enamel is removed. In some cases, there is no need for enamel removal. They last for around 5 years and may get stained with time.
What type of problems are addressed by Dental veneers?
Dental veneers can address the following dental issues:
- Teeth Discoloration because of the following reasons:
- Root canal treatment
- Large resin fillings
- Stains from tetracycline or other drugs
- Excessive fluoride
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are uneven, misaligned, or irregularly shaped
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Teeth with gaps between them
What is the Dental Veneer Procedure?
Dental veneer procedures need 3 dental visits that include one for consultation, 2 to make and apply the veneers. At the same time, one or many teeth can be chosen for undergoing veneering methods.
What is in the diagnosis?
- Your dentist will ask you about the results you want to get. During your visit, the doctor will check the teeth to make sure the procedure is right for you and inform you about the entire procedure in detail.
- Your dentist will take an X-ray to look at the teeth structure. Also, he will take impressions of the teeth and mouth.
How to prepare for the procedure?
- If you are undergoing porcelain veneers, the dentist will remove enamel, and an impression is taken to create the mold.
- Once an impression is taken it is sent to the lab to get it custom-made for your teeth. Till the time they are made, veneers are placed temporarily and wait till the time permanent ones are made.
- In the next appointment, the dentist will check whether they fit or not, and the color needs to match. All the necessary adjustments will be made, and then the veneers are bonded to the teeth.
Resin-based composite veneers
- To fit resin-based composite veneers the dentist will clean, reshape, and prepare the teeth. Once the teeth are prepared, it is bonded, and sculpted with the composite material. The necessary adjustments are made so that they look natural.
- The composite material is dried and hardened. Once it is hard, it needs to be smooth, and polished which gives it a natural appearance.
Getting in Touch is easy
Fill out our enquiry form, we will get back you shortly.