What is meant by the procedure of Dental pits or fissure sealants?
A dental pit is also known by the name of the fissure sealant. It can be defined as the protective layer. The protective layer is applied to the molars. The covering of the molars with dental pits or fissure sealants prevents tooth decay. It is all because of the anatomy of the molars that the surfaces which are exposed are not entirely protected and results in the formation of the following:
A dentist in Ludhiana uses sealants that give the natural tooth appearance. A dental clinic in Ludhiana performs this procedure immediately after the emergence of permanent teeth in the case of the younger children.
- What is the exact procedure of application of sealants on teeth?
This is the best precautionary procedure that prevents the development of pits or fissures in the back area of the teeth. It is not painful at all. There is a requirement of phosphoric acid which is known by the name of etchant. This phosphoric acid is associated with the main use of the creation of micro-porosities. Sealant material is believed to be flown to:
- Increase Retention
- Alleviation of the Surface Area
- Strengthen the bond of the sealant and the tooth surface
- It takes 15 to 60 seconds for etching to take place.
- Afterward, for absolute fifteen to twenty seconds, the tooth is assumed to be rinsed and dried thoroughly. If there is an emergence of chalky texture on the teeth, it is an indication that the tooth is etched in a good way.
- Then the placement of the sealant is done on the prepared pits and fissures. The material should be left for almost ten seconds afterward.
- This will allow the sealant material to penetrate into the pores. These pores are formulated by the etching procedure.
- The eventual stage is associated with the hardening or strengthening of a curing light. This stage customarily takes 20 to 30 seconds.
- This stratagem is considered less invasive. Because it does not involve the use of anesthesia. Not even the drilling type of equipment is required.
What are the various kinds of materials which are utilized for fissure sealants?
There are variegated types of sealants that are utilized in the dental fissure treatment procedure. The liquid material is assumed to be put on the smooth surface of the tooth and these are dried afterward in order to formulate the hard and strong coating over the teeth. The viscosity of the teeth should not be that much. It will be considered ideal if the liquid is flowing into the pits of the tooth.
Ensuing are customary sealant varieties that are ordinarily used:
- Composite Resin
- Polyacid modified Resins
- Resin Modified Glass Ionomers
One Final Word
The dental field has made advancements in various techniques to maintain oral hygiene. Dental pits or fissure sealants are among the most ordinarily opted procedures. This procedure aims at preventing the exposure of the teeth to cavities or decay.